24 year old Ezreen

After numerous failed attempts to login to this blogspot, I am finally here. My last post here was when I was 17, back in 2013. I have stopped writing ever since, just the occasional scribbles in my planner (Oh yes, the adult Ezreen owns a yearly planner, how cool ha). And it's 2020 now.

Looking back, this blog was my sanctuary. I wrote, I have posted photos with long stories, I posted photos with no caption and at all and sometimes, I would include youtube videos. For whatever reason, the highschool Ezreen found comfort in sharing a piece of her with the internet. Something happened in 2014 that made her put this blog on private ever since. And for that reason, I decided to pay homage to her by well, hiding them blogposts. 

If someone were to tell highschool Ezreen that she would secure her place in a law foundation programme, learn about audi alteram partem and how to read MeorAtiqulRahman, make friends with Narisa and Fir, which later she will become good friends with Alyaa, Ezza and Qistina, she would not believe you. She will then learn to love constitutional law but will also quickly realise that she is not good at it. She also has the privilege and the opportunity to make friends with amazing Auni, Munyra, Anith, Aina and Ijlal. As fate would have it, she will meet Fitri, Faatihah and Haikal a little late than the rest but she treasures her conversations with these three. Truth is, she has no choice, the conversations that she had with them sometimes keep her awake at night. 

She no longer finds joy in baking but she still goes out for her weekly run, just like in highschool. And books, even though she does not read as much, she still enjoy reading. She would have her occasional breakdown when she realises that she is not great at that the only two things that she truly cares, to truly read, and to fearlessly write. She also wouldn't believe you if you would tell her, that on January 2020, she would be a law graduate. And somewhere in between, there's Alam. But here she, is 4 months later. 

On the last day of my final paper, I packed my stuffs and went for a 11 day trip with my mum. On our last day at the airport, I took this photo, 


to remind me, of how I truly felt at the time. It is extremely infuriating to think that after all these years, I still feel the same. It has been 6 years since the last blog post and I am still a lost soul. Here's to being the lost soul, being Ezreen.

Comments